We have forward motion! Benjamin is creeping all over the living room now. I can't leave him alone on the floor for more than a few minutes at a time because I"m always unsure of how far he'll get. We switched out the coffee table for the plush ottoman but there's still plenty of hard things for him to head butt. He often concentrates harder on getting moving than how close he is to something :)
Ben and I got to spend a week with my parents and it was wonderful. It's great to have so much help around all the time! I walk in the door and hand him over. It was also great to see so many friends and extended family as well. I have a couple fabulous friends who are a step ahead of me in the mommy game and it was such a strengthening grace I was able to receive to simply be around them and witness their lives. It still cracks me up to think back to our high school days and contrast that to our lives now. It takes such humility and confidence to be a mother and I'm in awe of women who do it well, I hope I'm on that path.
No comments:
Post a Comment