Friday, June 7, 2013

7 Quick Takes 6-7-13

Linking up with Jen and the rest of 'em...
 7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 220)

1. Yikes!  It's been a long time since I posted.  Between my birthday, an ordination, and travelling May was actually a busy month!


2. It's been "snowing" at our house for like 2 weeks now.  I'm pretty sure that if I had a cottonwood tree I would have hacked it down by now.  I don't know if I'm allergic or not but just seeing all those seeds floating around makes me sneeze.  It's been blowing and piling up around the driveway... seriously.


3. Been working on my eating and I'm finding some recipes and ideas that have been helping.  I have a friend that just gave me a recipe that tastes like my mom's no-bake cookies.  It's even gluten free and dairy free!  Wonderful!


4. Anyone else watch Early Edition when it was on?  I stumbled on an episode this week and it was like going back in time.  There's something about a regular guy who acts like a guardian angel to all kinds of people and often runs away before anyone can thank him.  Plus he's got that squinty look with his eyebrows and popped collar thing that just... pshew!
Exhibit A:
 

5.  Hallway painting is done, more on that in a later post.  We're in the process of painting the office paneling now.  It will make for a biiiig change but also lots of work.

Sneak peek of the work in progress.
6. It's beautiful this week, loving the 70 degree coolish summery weather.  Spent some good time in my garden finally. B loves digging in the dirt and finding worms :)

7.  Speaking of the little boy, here's the photo reward to those who follow this blog mainly because of him. I understand, I would too. :)

Have you seen a happier face lately?!  


Ben just came over and looked at the screen and said, "I miss Auntie Em."

Peace to all!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh - I had forgotten about Early Edition. I really liked that show when it was on and didn't realize that it was Coach Taylor!