Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Getting Bigger every day


my little man

First off... Adorable, no?  ---->







I had a CT scan on Monday with some dye to see if things were going where they are supposed to, etc. and was told I couldn't breastfeed for 24 hours afterward.  No problem I thought, I have a nice little supply in the freezer for just this occasion.  Well, for whatever reason (i'm looking into it, doing experiments etc) none of the freezer milk smelled or tasted good- Ben wouldn't take it.  So I dug out the formula samples from the hospital and pediatrician.  I'm so glad I saved them just in case.  We had enough to get through the 24 hours although Benjamin alerted me to the fact that he didn't like the taste of it either, but at least I knew it was good for him. 
 
do I have to?!


When I don't like it, i don't care
 how much runs down my chin!
I'm sure babies that start on formula don't even think about the taste of it.  For a kid who takes vitamins and medicine well, Ben acted like this formula was disgusting- it took 30 min to convince him to drink it and he just spit some of it back out at me.  And just to quell my curiousity, I tasted and smelled it- I wouldn't want to drink it unless it was the only thing I had on deserted island!  I can't tell you how nice it was to finally have him back nursing, both of us felt SOOOO much better.

No comments: