I know that it's as cliche as possible but I did it anyway. I vowed New Year's Eve to lose weight in the new year. This is important to me more this year than any other because of the, ahem, baby weight. It's funny that while I was pregnant I gave myself the green light to eat just about anything. I tried to make sure that I didn't get too sick with morning sickness by snacking almost constantly for the first 3 months. Then there were the chocolate milkshakes and the many potatoes that I downed. I kept thinking that I would have to work off baby weight anyway so why not have some fun while no one could tell if it was me or baby... any other mothers feel that?!?
So I've worked very hard this month to keep my calorie count in check and ban all sweets from the house. I'm trying to find little tricks here and there that help me stay on track. (Like sugarfree gum and diet hot chocolate in place of desserts.) I think the biggest thing to help me though this time has been Joe's desire to eat more healthy. I feel like it's given me license to really try new healthy reicipes and habits. Oh and I try to get some exercise in at least every other day in the form of workout tapes, 8 minute abs and pilates.
Progress so far... a couple of dress sizes I think. About 10 lbs left til I get to prebaby weight. Wahoo!!! I'm slowly being able to wear more of my clothes but there's still many that I'm just not there yet.
1 comment:
I love Pilates! You are just like other mothers and it sounds like you're way ahead of most! Way to go!
Post a Comment