Monday, January 24, 2011

You learn something new every...

For Benjamin lately he's been doing something new about once a week.  In the past few he's figured out how to roll over onto his tummy and sit up with a little assistance.  He ate some rice cereal for the first time last night and looks like he'll be an eating champ.  Also he has 2 new bottom front teeth!  No more chewing on mom's fingers in church.
It's funny how much babies change in the first 6 weeks or so as they change from newborn to infant.  I feel like Ben's look has stayed similar lately but he's just proportionally getting bigger or doing new things.  I watched some video's of his first week at home lately and couldn't believe how little he was... or how many forehead wrinkles he had!

We had some great time with friends and family this weekend watching the Illinois basketball game the Bears game.  Joe's started his new class for the semester and I have gone back to running the CCD program at church.  Just when I thought I was out of it... :)  it was strange but almost comforting to be walking the halls of the school again making sure that all the teachers had what they needed and that the kids were able to behave themselves.  There's many days where I wonder how I did all that I did at work for those 5 years.

Here's a peek at our first try with some really liquidy rice cereal on spoon.  I'll try to get the video working...

No comments: