Friday, October 12, 2012

7 quick takes 10-12-12

Linking up with Jennifer and a buncha great bloggers for 7 takes at Conversion Diary
  1. Still loving Fall. 
  1. Experimented with making my own creamer hoping to be able to use less sugar in my coffee.  I think it would have been awesome if my almond extract didn’t taste and smell more like alcohol than almond.  In the end I added lots of sugar to cover up the alcohol taste and then my coffee was awesome!  Like a dessert to start the day.  I stumbled on the blog camppatton.com through Quick Takes a couple weeks ago and felt like I made a friend when she mentioned drinking creamer with some coffee in it.  (Also, she's a great storyteller, check out the blog!)
  1. I played with B as if I was a fellow 2 year old today, it felt weird but I think he learned a few things about sharing and waiting your turn.  I was a little perturbed at how easily I got into character J 
  1. B and I went to Mass this morning… We actually made it there, never mind that it was during the first reading being done so sweetly by a small child for a school Mass.  Sometimes the two year old you’re trying to get out of the house refuses to put on shoes until you are actually in the church parking lot. 
  1. I’ve wanted to support some of my former students and go see a volleyball game at the high school and finally had a chance to this week.  Joe and B came with me and it was SO much fun!  B was amazed at how many people there were and how loud the music was etc and was so good.  I won’t lie I teared up a little when varsity came in to some warm up music.  I forgot how much I love that sport and wish I could play still! 
  1. Caught B singing “call me maybe” over the baby monitor after his nap today.  Love it. 
  1. Enjoying the Big Bang Theory with the hubs, gotta go.  
Phew, I'm outta blog writing shape, it's been too long!

No comments: