Wednesday, April 24, 2013

House-work

Everybody loves a good before and after!  This was the laundry room project, the first after Joe's graduation last year.  We started around August and completely finished a couple months later.

Laundry room before:
hated the wall color and wood color
"not hideous but so not us" curtains

In progress:
notice the baby monitor on the right side of the pic... naptime = worktime!

sanding cabinet doors and drawers in 98 degree heat
Inspiration for colors:
walls and curtain material
pinned on pinterest of course


Laundry room after:
so fresh and so clean!


plain black countertop



What did we do?

We painted almost every single surface of this room... actually we did paint every single paintable surface.  The walls went gray.  The ceiling got a coat of flat white (as opposed to the glossy off-white blech that was on the walls also before.)  I swear the ceiling seemed higher just with it's new paint.

 We took off all the cabinet doors, sanded, painted and rehung them.  The counter got a coat of black countertop paint from Rust0leum. (While I wouldn't use it in the kitchen, this room was a perfect application)  The doors, trim and even the sink all got new coats of fresh white paint.

I made the curtains and hung them up high.  Add the clock in yellow and some fresh new simple knobs and we were good to go!

I think the biggest challenge of this room was all the different surfaces.  We had indoor doors, outdoor doors, cabinets, a sink and trim all in different sheens of white.  Oh, technically the ceiling too.

One more room down... many more to go!  Living room was up next...

1 comment:

Danielle said...

SOOOO jealous of the size of your laundry room! I want one! And I LOVE the re-model. You two are quite handy! Nice work.