Sunday, August 1, 2010

In the meantime...

While I wait for Tiguster to make his/her appearance... I feel like it might be close but then again, God only knows when we'll get to meet her/him!

Our big July adventure/project was the front yard landscaping.  As I previously posted about, we had a company come and rip out the massive bushes and then we set to work deciding what to do with the space.  My mom helped us to come up with some ideas that we formed into our plan of action.  All of the bushes are pretty young right now so they're small, but I think that just makes the house look that much bigger and give us that much more time before trimming :)  We picked some hearty, slow growing plants so that we could keep up with them and make sure that our house did not get taken over like it was when we bought it.

We were extra blessed in that both of our sets of parents were able to help us get these bushes in and the mulching and grass seeding done.  If anyone is worrying, I did not overdo it :).  It would have taken us so much longer to get all of this work done without family help!!

Here's some pics, more on picasa.  Home sweet home...

 The line of light grey next to the mulch is actually grass seed.  We decided we didn't need to use all of the space that used to be covered in bushes.

No comments: